11.14.2009

Finding Fellow Foodies

With my newest obsession of foodie blogs, I am quickly discovering that I am not alone in my love of all concoctions involving oatmeal! My favorite blogger KERF has an entire section of her blog entitled "Tribute to Oatmeal" and this is where I discovered these ridiculous oatmeal pancakes.
1/4 c. oats
1/4 c. egg whites (or 1 egg)
1/2 tsp baking powder
Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Flax Meal (optional)
1/2 mashed banana (or applesauce, or pumpkin, etc.)
Mix it all together, let it sit while the pan heats and then pour into pan.
They brown quickly and then you cover them with whatever your heart desires. The pictures have sliced banana & toasted walnuts/sunflower seeds. Delish!!
Go try it. You won't regret it for a second.


p.s. Kath from the aforementioned
KERF opened my eyes to the fact that you can actually "toast" nuts in the microwave! 1.5 minutes in the microwave and they'll come out piping hot, sizzling, and smelling wonderful. It sounds questionable, but just give it a try, trust me.

1 comment:

  1. at least this is not quite as odd as the bean brownies...haha. looking forward to trying it!

    ReplyDelete