7.04.2009

Away We Went

I recently returned from a delightful week in California that I absolutely must document…it was a week of relaxing, swimming, laughing, and loving (among other things).

Highlights of the adventure:

>My mom’s entire side of the family (consisting of 30+ people ranging from ages 3-70) crowded into a fabulously dysfunctional little vacation home in the gorgeous Lake Shasta area.
>Early morning coffee and breakfast on the deck
>Reading for hours
>Attempted wakeboarding, tubing and jetskiing,
>Nightly games, from the most raucus game of Bingo you’ve ever experienced to Scrabble tournaments that seriously made me question whether I loved my own mother or not. (Let’s not even talk about the 3-day ping pong tournament that included two separate brackets: winner’s and consolation brackets)
>Enough fresh California fruit to fill me up for the entire week. I couldn’t get enough!

I was sorry to leave, but so grateful that I have such an easily loveable family. Spending this past week with them blessed me so much and I doubt I could be more thankful for each and every one of them.
















No comments:

Post a Comment