7.07.2009

Wing Tip the Spick

"She has a gift. It is her eyes. They are so blue,
such a clear light blue, the same as cornflowers
with blue raindrops shining and dancing on silver leaves
after a sun shower in any of the summer months."
-Carl Sandburg, from "How They Bring Back the Village of Cream Puffs When the Wind Blows It Away"

For the first time all summer I am actually enjoying one of my summer courses! For American Lit I'm doing a project on author Carl Sandburg and I stumbled upon his collection of Children's fairytales with an American spin. They are such darling stories! From Wing Tip the Spick who lives in the "Village of Cream Puffs" to a story about "How to Tell Corn Fairies If You See 'Em," I found myself having just as much fun reading them now as I would have fifteen years ago. Look for it next time you're in an old bookstore and hang onto it to read to your kids - or yourself for that matter!

On another note, now that I have had to swallow the payments for setting up both electric and water at our house (yikes...) it seems almost impossible that i will ever be able to comfortably afford these lovelies i've been eyeing:


i adore this one-shoulder dress from americanapparel


Lovemely has a great deal more where this came from!

No comments:

Post a Comment